Wednesday 7 May 2008

So simple and so elegant




Images Copyright 1990-2007 Stampin’ Up!



A dear friend of mine asked me today if I would help her to come up with an idea for a simple wedding card in black and white for an upcoming wedding she is to go to. I havent been able to get in touch with her tonight, so Im putting it on here so that a) she'll be able to look at it tomorrow and b) everyone else can have a look at it too.

Sorry Sophie that it's not made with the set you had in mind, but I dont have that particular set (no, I dont own everything in the catalogue... you have no idea how often people are surprised by that!) and as I know you already own the Baroque Motifs set, I thought you might be able to recreate it for yourself. :) How easy is Baroque Motifs to use? So far I've been stamping that big swirly stamp all over the place and I havent seen a bad result yet!

To finish the card off I punched some black cardstock with the Round Scallop Punch (I am in LOVE with this punch!) and popped the flower motif up on some dimensionals. I used a little 2-way glue on the flower and sprinking Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over the top for a bit of bling. And finished it off with a silver brad. I think it works for a wedding, dont you? It's ultra simple, but simple and elegant go together... especially for a special occasion.





Images Copyright 1990-2007 Stampin’ Up!



If you would like to ask me about anything I've used to make this card please dont hestitate to call or email me... I'd love to hear from you! And keep those comments coming... I love hearing what you think, and it makes my blog look busy! :-)


Linda Higgins
0412 375 552
higgiz@bigpond.com

4 comments:

Karen Oliver said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous, I might just have to case this one. And I think this has swayed my into buying that set *sigh*

Oh and I've tagged you too....

http://www.kareninks.com/page2.php

running away with evil laugh.......

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Is this done with Stazon ink or basic black?
I was thinking it would look nice in eggplant and now i need that punch too!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous......elegant perfection!!

Anonymous said...

Very classy Linda! I think it would make a lovely invite.