Thursday 25 June 2009

Using your Non-Christmas Stamps on Christmas Cards


I wanted to share another of the Christmas cards that we did at our Christmas Stamp a Stack this week. I have a "thing" about Christmas cards made with stamps that were not originally designed as Christmas stamps. Like this one. The set used is "Party Hearty" and really it's more of a Birthday/celebration stamp set. But if you use the right colours, those party hats can look remarkably like Christmas trees. If you want to use non-Christmas stamps, then getting the colours right makes all the difference.

Im not sure why that idea appeals to me. Maybe I just like a challenge.

I have the second Stamp-A-Stack coming up this coming Monday, but it's already full. If you would like to do one of these classes (where you get to make 6 Christmas cards for $15) I will be running at least one per month between now and Christmas (most months I will do two) and the details will be posted on my blog as they come up. I'll be announcing more classes in the next few days, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Ness said...

Love it! Need that set now ;)