Monday 16 May 2011

Faux Mother-of-Pearl Technique class....



I have two upcoming Faux Mother-of-Pearl classes coming up this month (one is a day class and the other is evening) and the first one is tomorrow night the 17th May. So I thought you might like a "sneak peek" of one of our items we will be creating.

This card I had in mind as a Masculine card (people are ALWAYS asking me to create Masculine cards!) and the actual "Faux Mother-of-Pearl" technique has been used on the background behind the Tree. Its a little hard to see in the pics, but trust me... its an awesome technique! It is pretty simple.. but those techniques to me are always the best. Here's a pic of it close up... still hard to see in the photo, but hopefully you get the idea!



On this card I used "Lovely as a Tree" for the main image.... I still come back to that set over and over!

If you would like to come along to the class it is only $15 to attend, and all materials and light refreshments are provided. Classes are held at Narara on the Central Coast and I can supply the actual address for you when you book in. Spaces are limited so please email me at lindastamps@bigpond.com if you would like to book in.

Here are the two dates:
Tuesday 17th May @ 7.30pm and
Wednesday 25th May @11am

I hope to see you there!

And I will also be posting some details for our FANTASTIC Stampin'Up convention for you in the next few days... what a unbelievable time we had in Melbourne last week! I am looking forward to sharing lots of the ideas and news we learned at Convention with you over the coming months... but for now just trust me that there is lots of great stuff coming your way!

I will share just one thing with you for this post though... SU have done away with the need to have an Australian Business Number (ABN) before joining SU as a demonstrator! How fantastic is that???? It will make a big difference to some people I am sure! So if you have ever thought about joining us... there's even one more reason to do that now! Woo Hoo!

Thank you SU for a wonderful 3 days of exciting stuff!

No comments: