Sunday 29 January 2012

Playing with New Toys



I love playing with new stuff - especially when they are free! One of the really cool things about being a Stampin'Up demonstrator is the opportunity to earn free stamps and other products. Last year I was lucky enough to get several of these sets, and last week I put a claim in for a set I have been eyeing off for quite some time. It's called Field Flowers and features in our 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue. I've seen lots done with this one, and so I thought since I had a free set to choose that I would just choose something that I really loved, without thinking about how I might use it in my business. So thihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifs is my first card that I've made with it, and like the ones you might have seen on page 69 of our current catalogue, I wanted to use it with the "First Edition" specialty paper. I used "Pool Party" and "Island Indigo" inks and cardstock from our new Incolor Range... and have teamed it with a piece of the new Sale-A-Bration designer series paper. I like it because it looks fresh and clean, and that tends to be what I prefer. Having said that it's a pretty simple card, and it only took a few minutes to put together.

And in typical style I already have a business use for it.. we are going to use it at our next Stamp Club get together. I have two clubs this coming week (one night and one day). If there is enough interest I am going to start another club over the next month or so... so if a stamp club is something that you have thought about, please contact me at lindastamps@bigpond.com For a basic idea of how it would work, please click HERE.

Here's a close up that shows off the Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the centre of the flowers:

1 comment:

elaine said...

this is a beautful card.. love the colours x