Sunday 3 June 2012

Is 7 my lucky Number???

To be honest I dont realy believe in the concept of "Lucky Numbers". But I guess it would be fair to say that 7 has always been my favourite number... and sometimes that makes it feel just a little bit lucky. I was born on the 7th. Currently I my house number is 7. When I was in the school volleyball team, I always had the number "7" on my shirt. And so on.

 This next year also features lots of 7's. I am about to enter my 7th year with Stampin'Up. I will shortly be 47. My son turns 7 this year. Hmmmm...

So at this year's Award Night at our Stampin'Up Convention I was extra excited when they announced that I placed 7th in Australia on the annual "Demonstrator of the Year" list. Actually this is the very last year that there is a "Demonstrator of the Year" award. Stampin'Up has been changing lots of things - both in terms of product and catalogue offerings (wait til you see what's coming!!!!) and also in the way they reward demonstrators. Basically they are making it easier than ever to succeed, and have changed our commission structure... which equals a significant pay rise for most demonstrators.

Congratulations to all the winners this year! It is so exciting to watch your friends get recognition in such a fabulous way... they all run their businesses differently.. but each one of them deserves to enjoy success!

 I am just back tonight from Convention in Canberra... and there was so much information released to us that there is no way I can tell you everything! And some I am not allowed to either because we need to keep you guys in suspense until some items are released in September. But I can tell you that out catalogue due out in September is bigger and better than ever before (an extra 30 pages!!!) and I can tell you that our next Incentive Trip will be to UTAH! That's where head office is the US... how cool is that??? I can't wait to be there and meet the Home office team on their turf :-) There are exciting new products that we have never had here before... and I know you are going to love them!

As I walked across the stage to receive my awards this year I said to Shelli that 7 is my lucky number and she asked me if it really is. I said yes... but whether of not you believe in lucky numbers, it's definitely my favourite... especially today!

Don't forget that you can view the class schedule over on the right hand side of the blog... I have a Stamp-A-Stack on Tuesday night and there are still places available. We are making 6 cards... 3 teenage cards, and 3 friendship/birthday cards. The cost is $15 and all materials and supper are provided. If you are anywhere around the Central Coast and would like to come along to cardmaking or papercraft classes just contact me by clicking HERE.

I've popped up a couple of Convention snaps for you! Some of these were taken by the SU official photograher so I cant take credit for them all. Enjoy xx

Lyn, Denielle and Suzanne getting their Convention bags when we arrived.



Shelli Presenting



My wonderful friend Vanessa!



Some of the many samples on display



Our Manager's Reception gifts... thank you girls!!!



"Everyday I'm shuffling"... the team onstage! Brian Pilling is an awesome dancer!



Joy winning herself an awesome "Prize Patrol" pack!



My very favourite presenter of all... Pam Morgan :-)



Myself, Ness and Simone collecting our bags and catching up on the first night.

No comments: