Monday 10 September 2012

Flowering Flourishes and Midnight Muse



Do you know what I think is the most frustrating thing about a new catalogue release?  Being the proud new owner of oodles of lovely papercraft products, and not being able to choose what to play with first!  This week I held my catalogue launches for the two new catalogues that we now have. I had plenty of product, but MAJOR indecision about what to create!  Of course it all came together at the end, but in the meantime I was a bit stressed about it all!  Still, its a pretty good problem to have!

So I am going to show you our projects over the next few days, but I thought I would start with my personal favourite. It's interesting that this isn't the one that received the most compliments at the events, but its the one that made me the happiest when I made it. Probably because it uses my favourite colour (blue) and I love the new "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set because it's so easy to use. And how gorgeous is that "Natural Compositions" Specialty paper??  Everyone agreed that it looks soooo much better in real life, and this is definitely a case where the catalogue does not do it justice. I used one of our new Ribbon Slides as an accent on the beautiful Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon. (I will have a ribbon share of this ribbon going shortly... anyone interested??)  The DSP is from the "Comfort Cafe" paper pack. The base cardstock is of course "Midnight Muse".. one of our gorgeous new in-colours. 

I really loved making this card with my groups this weekend. I hope you guys in blogland enjoy it too xx



1 comment:

KimB said...

Blue is one my favourites too Linda and this is just beautiful!Really lovely design. I think you've convinced me to buy the composition paper sooner rather than later too ;)
Kim