Saturday 6 October 2012

Bordering on Romance with Markers



Today I just wanted to show you a quick little notecard I made in the holidays.  I was staying at my friend Vanessa's house and so I got to play with some of her stamps... ones that I dont have :-)  "Bordering on Romance" is a set in our new Catalogue that was previously in our Autumn/Winter Mini, and I thought it would be good to use with our markers.  I had been wanting to try out our Stampin'Write Markers on Crumb Cake cardstock as I had seen on some other blogs... it looks quite striking, but is easy to achieve.

You will need to choose a line-drawing image such as the one here. Stamp it in pigment ink (I used Versamark) on to your cardstock, and then heat emboss with White Embossing powder. I then coloured it with our Markers, starting with the lighter colours first and then bringing in the darker colours. This card took only minutes to make, but the end result is very effective dont you think?

For more ideas or information please email me by clicking HERE.  I also run classes teaching various techniques so if you would like to attend Papercraft or cardmaking classes on the Central Coast (Australia) please contact me. This month I have a watercolouring technique class and there are still available spots at this point. Or I can come to you and show you how to make beautiful things at your place. :-)  Stampin'Up have lots of beautiful products to make your projects come alive!

No comments: