Thursday 18 September 2014

Seasonally Scattered - with the Emboss Resist Technique


Last week I accidentally acquired a new stamp set. How could such a thing happen you ask?  Well, I had made a mistake putting through a customers order and accidentally ordered two instead of one. Whoops! Luckily it was a set I've been eyeing off anyway (perhaps it was wishful thinking?) and so the solution was easy.. to send it back or keep it?  Guess which one I chose? (Don't worry.. I paid for it!)

So i've been having a bit of a play and i love it!  The set is called "Seasonally Scattered" and is on page 43 of our latest 2014 Holiday catalogue, available from Stampin'Up Australia!

To get the effect on this card I stamped the image in Versamark clear ink and then clear embossed it. I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Cherry Cobbler ink to sponge colour over the top, so that the clear embossing resisted the ink. You can use either sponges or sponge daubers for this step.  I added some snowflake embellishments and gold sequins to finish it off. (I admit to using a gold sequin to hide an ink mark that I had accidentally made on my card.  No such thing as a mistake right??

The full card, and the products used are shown below.  Don't forget if you want to order any of these lovely products you can do that by visiting the Online Store. Just click HERE.  




No comments: