Sunday 2 August 2015

Beautiful Backgrounds with Masks


I love our Decorative Masks... for between $5 and $10 you can choose a pack of beautiful masks to suit your style! The one I have used on this card is from the Happy Patterns mask pack (details below) and this 3d look is so easy to achieve!

I placed the mask over my piece of Calypso Coral cardstock, and sponged over the entire area with Calypso Coral ink. Once finished I removed  the mask, and then repositioned slightly off from the original positioning. Then I sponged over it again, but this time in White ink.  The result is a shadow effect... and it literally appears to jump off the page!  Then you can go ahead and make up your card as usual.

I find that the 3d effect works best with a medium shade of cardstock.. not too light, and not too dark. The shadows show up best if you stick to a medium shade.

I hope you like this card today!  I've popped all the products used in the showcase below. If you'd like to make cards like this one for yourself... come to a class with me (schedule above) OR book in a workshop at your place. Thats the best way to get some products for free and have lots of fun learning something new with friends. :-)

Or if you live anywhere in Australia you can purchase any product through my ONLINE STORE and have it delivered to your door for a small charge.

Click HERE to send me a message!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



2 comments:

JoAnn said...

This card is beautiful. I am anxious to try this tech. How did you make the black accent piece? I can see that you maybe embossed the greeting, but what is behind it? Wished you lived closer so I could take classes from you. I am in upstate NY, come visit!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Hi there JoAnn.... I wish you lived closer too! The black accent piece is simply stamped in Memento black ink on white (its a reverse image), and punched with the 1&3/4" circle punch. Then I used the Flower Medallion punch behind the circle.. I punched it twice from Silver Foil paper, and layered it behind the circle sentiment. I've done this before.. usually with vellum, but I used foil this time. So glad you like it!
Linda H