Monday 26 October 2015

Sparkly Sleigh Ride in blue or grey?





Today I have a workshops with a great group of ladies that I've been doing workshops with on and off for about 8 years!  So I am always looking for something new to show them.  Right now our latest Holiday catalogue is making that pretty easy :-)  So I decided to make a window card (you know how I love those!) and use some of our new Holiday products to pretty it up!

I couldn't decide whether to make it up in Grey or Blue.. so I made both and game them a choice as to which they preferred.  Most chose the blue, but one chose the grey. I also did a poll on my Facebook page as to which was better... and the results were about the same! Most chose blue, and just a few chose grey. :-)

Which do you prefer??




10 comments:

Diane said...

I prefer the grey one and it is a lovely window card . . . thank you for sharing.

Joycekk said...

Grey but both are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card...so are the trees stamped on the inside and the "window" adhered over the top of the trees?

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Thanks ladies for the lovely feedback:-) Anna the trees are actually stamped on the acetate window in White Stazon ink. :-)

Donna said...

I LOVE the blue! Stunning card!!

Eileen said...

Can you explain how there seems to be a gap in the window?it looks like two layers but I am not sure!!!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Hi Eileen... its actually another layer of vellum on the inside of the card. I think its time i created a "how to" video as a few people have asked me how I created this. :-)

Theresa said...

I like both but they grey one "speaks" to me. :-)

Theresa said...

I would love to know how to make this?

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Hi Theresa... I ended up making a video of a Christmas box, but using the same piece as this card front. If you'd like to see how to make the front piece of the card, start the video at the 9.30 minute mark, and you'll get the instructions. Hope that helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXGFTj6-YZM