Friday 7 July 2017

Very special thank you cards



Recently our family has been through a sad time with the passing of my mother.  It has been very sad and stressful for everyone.  However it has also been a quite beautiful time... with family and friends coming together is a lovely and meaningful way.  My mother's funeral was held exactly 2 weeks ago, and so many people came from near and far to say their final goodbyes.  It was an honour to share that beautiful celebration of her life with them, and I am so grateful to them for coming, or for sending their love and heartfelt messages.  I asked Dad whether he would like a few cards to send to various people, and he said he would be grateful for that. So today I am sending him 20 of these cards... it won't be enough of course, but its a start.  



Im actually away in Thailand with StampinUp from tomorrow for a week, so I will need to make up some more on my return.  But I feel great that I could make these ones... in fact the bases of the cards were already done for another occasion.... all I had to do today was add the words.  I stamped them and cut out the shapes with the Big Shot.  Then my 11 year old son adhered them to the cards.

I am grateful to many of you too.... for your messages and for your patience with me whilst things slowly return to "normal" (whatever that is).  I guess we need to adjust to a new normal.

I hope to have a couple of posts here on the blog whilst I am gone. But most of the holiday snaps and goings-on will be over on my Facebook Business Page..... Check it out and then click the "Like" button on that page to make sure you get to see the Thailand photos in your Facebook feed.  We'll be having a wonderful time with other demonstrators from all over the world, and for me, the break couldn't have come at a better time.  I am hoping to escape from the business of life for several beautiful days and take some time out to relax.

Happy Stamping!

Linda x


No comments: