Saturday 26 May 2007

Faux Metal Accents


Images Copyright 1990-2007 Stampin’ Up


Here's a quick and easy card. I was asked to do a kids card for one of my workshops. This is what I came up with although I think it's not necessarily for kids. At the workshop I re-did the same card, but instead of the large flower I used the elephant image from the "Wild about You" set from the new catalogue. So by changing the stamps slightly it can have a completely different feel.
I've used the white gel pen to do the faux stitching around the edge of the Real red cardstock, and I've used the "Rough Texture" jumbo wheel to the left of the main images. But the main feature of the card really is the "Faux Metal" piece that I did the "Smile" stamp with. This is a great technique, although I have to say it does take a little practice, and Im still working on it. It basically involves building up several layers of embossing powder, and then, when the embossing is quite thick and still warm, you stamp your image into it. As long as you are using metallic embossing powder (ie Gold, silver or copper) it will give you the look of metal. What do you think Guys? Hope you enjoy it!
Happy Stamping!

Linda

No comments: