Sunday 21 December 2008

Making a List... and checking it twice...



Well I'm not sure that I'll have much time for checking this list. But I do know that I have a LOT to do before Christmas on Thursday. Are you a list person? I am - sometimes it seems that I cant achieve anything without one. I have days when I seem to achieve nothing at all - and those are usually the days that I didn't make a list. But by simply by having a list and making sure that I check each thing off as I achieve it, well it makes me feel like I'm achieving something, no matter how small.

Another thing that I've learned is not to make the list too long. When the kids were little I cut down what I could achieve to only one or two main things each day. Maybe doing the washing, or making dinner. If I did those couple of things then anything else was a bonus.

Sometimes people say "how do you find the time?" or "You have too much time on your hands" when it comes to finding the time to craft. But stamping and papercraft keeps me sane, and like they say - "It's cheaper than therapy!" The answer really is that if you love something you will find the time! So my house isnt often perfect, and I know there are things (like housework) that I should probably be doing. Recently I heard someone say that the problem with housework is that you do it, and then 6 months later you have to do it all over again! LOL!

Papercraft, stamping and Stampin'Up are my passion. I feel so lucky to have found something that fills my soul and gives me a sense of making a difference, whilst at the same time paying the bills! It's great that it fits around my family and other priorities. How could I not find the time? ;-)

3 comments:

Christine Gronlund said...

You are so right Linda! May your Christmas be happy and full of lovely memories.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and the family a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.....

Ramona Michaluk said...

Beautiful card Linda - very elegant! Hoping you have a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. Enjoy!