Thursday 22 January 2009

Mojo Monday # 70 and SCS CC202



One of my resolutions this year is to attempt more challenges - if you've been following my blog over the past couple of weeks you would have seen that so far I am giving this particular New Year's Resolution a pretty good shot! Well, of course it's one of the most fun ones to do - the one about keeping my craft room tidy isn't doing quite so well at this point! How is it that making one little card can result in so much mess?

Anyways.... here is my attempt at not one, but two challenges at once. It's called saving time, as I can fulfill the requirements of two challenges but only have to create one card. I have combined this week's colour challenge over at SCS (cc202 - named Regal Kisses, Bravo!) with this week's Mojo Monday Sketch shown here:



I really love the way the card came out - but I have to say that I would never have considered using those colours together. The colour challenge is Regal Rose, Bravo Burgundy and Kiwi Kiss. As we don't have Kiwi Kiss here in Australia I have used Old Olive instead, but it still works pretty well dont you think? I also used Live your Dream (again) and patterned paper and pieces from the Crew Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit. It was another late night inspiration, but I still love it this morning, so it must be OK!

Hope you like it.

Linda H

6 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

oooh Linda, you've made Bravo Burgundy look good!

kerri said...

stunning Linda

Bev said...

Gorgeous! So elegant
hugs Bev x

Amber said...

Great card, love your style.

Traveling Mama said...

Gorgeous card! Love those colors together!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love what you've done with this challenge Linda. This set is so popular and I never get tired os seeing what everyone else does with it.
Your colours work so well together and the Burgundy is a gorgeous contrast to the pinks. Beautiful!