Monday 26 July 2010

Details Details



Some of you may be aware that I am currently running a Big Shot Club - its a way for some of my customers to purchase their Big Shot and dies over a period of time, rather than having to pay for it upfront. They get a few bonuses along the way, and one of those is a tutorial each month using Big Shot dies and clever ideas.

This month my lovely friend Vanessa and I were playing around with our Big Shots and coming up with a few new ideas. The card you see here is the result of that play session... Vanessa did a slightly different version to me, but I loved both cards. We found a way to partially emboss the Polka Dot background... leaving a flat space for stamping the Vintage Vogue Flowers. More details are in the tutorial for Big Shot club members this month. But I thought you would enjoy the card.

It's the little details that make a card come together I feel. This one features not only the Polka Dot embossing folder, but also one of the Label dies for the sentiment. I adhered half-back pearls from the Pretties kit to the flower centres. By the way the ribbon is the Whisper White taffeta and I have ruffled it up... doesn't it look great!?! Here's a close up for you...






I'm going to start the next Big Shot Club in September/October after the release of more dies and embossing folder in our upcoming Idea Book and Catalogue, so let me know at lindastamps@bigpond.com if you are interested. Cant wait to see what's in the new catalogue... the suspense is going to kill me I think.


Dont forget to check over on the right-hand side bar for upcoming classes (I will have more classes going up over the next few days). The handbag class coming up this Friday night is almost full, so you will need to be quick if you want to join in on that one. Just email me at lindastamps@bigpond.com if you want to join us.

No comments: