Tuesday 28 May 2013

Home from Convention - tired but happy :-)



Hi Honey.. Im home! Did you miss me??

I am now back from a completely wonderful week away in beautiful Brisbane. Stampin'Up Australia holds their annual Convention in a different capital city each year.. and Convention 2013 was at the Brisbane Exhibition Centre.  We made very good use of all the cafes and restaurants in the Southbank area (so much to choose from) and I will be back with more photos of what we got up to over the coming days... but I wanted to show you a couple of photos today.

One of the highlights of Convention for me this year was being asked to present a "Workshop Wow"... a short presentation of something that people love to see in your workshops. I had trouble deciding what to present.. but in the end I decided that rather than choose something new and exciting... I would keep it simple, and go back to something that I have loved from the beginning. I did the "Emboss Resist" technique.. but on Vellum, which is one of my most favourite mediums to work with.

A lot of people think that Vellum is not robust enough to endure the heat embossing process, but that's not true.. especially our lovely Vellum card stock... its the same weight as normal card stock, so that makes it great for embossing on. Here are some of my samples from the presentation.

Here is a card simply embossed with Pool Party Embossing powder:


and then exactly the same card with Emboss Resist... embossed in white, and sponged pool party ink over the top:



I like the softer effect of the second card.. what do you think??

Then I showed this card that many of you may have already seen...


The background is embossed in white and then has Regal Rose sponged over the top.  Its still one of my favourite cards.

I made a few other cards for the presentation.. let me know if you would like to see those too. But I left them on the display boards.. so will need to wait for SU to mail them to me so I can show you :-)

Here's a cute photo of myself and Shelli at our Manager's Reception on the first evening.. cant believe it is only 7 weeks until we fly to the US for THEIR convention in Salt Lake City! How exciting :-)



Lots more to show you, but thats it for today. Enjoy xx

No comments: