Sunday 16 June 2013

Scrapbooking with Hexagons



I have to say that Hexagons are a bit "in" at the moment. They keep popping up.. in home decor, interior design, and of course paper craft as well. We have a number of products that have jumped on the Hexagon bandwagon... the Hexagon Embossing folder, and the "This and That Epic Day" range are good examples. And there are more hexagons coming up in our new catalogue due out next month. Today whilst browsing on Pinterest (as you do) I came across a gorgeous scrapbook page that uses hexagons as a background... and so i grabbed my new favourite This and That Epic Day papers and did my own take on it.  Click HERE to see the page that I was inspired by:

I tried to find the original post, but was unable to locate it. The creator is a wonderful artist by the name of Leah Farquharson, and if you take the time to view her awesome blog I am sure you will find inspiration of your own. Just click on her name to view the blog. 

So anyway, i hope you enjoy my take on it. It was a really simple page, but lots of fun to do. I added a bit of grunge from an upcoming set... its appropriately called "Gorgeous Grunge" and i can see lots of splodgey fun coming up with that one.  There is also the matching washi tape used on the layout.  And for anyone that is wondering yes, that is my now 10 year old daughter in the photo :-)

Enjoy. 



No comments: