Sunday 2 March 2014

So Very Grateful Circle Card


It's true.. I do have a bit of a "thing" for unusually shaped cards :-)  This time I played with the Circles Framelits for my card shape. I used the largest die (with the scalloped edge) for my card base in Crisp Cantaloup. Then stamped the "So Very Grateful" largest stamp on the smaller circle made from Naturals Ivory cardstock. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I am really glad I got this set.. I've used it quite a lot, and it does make lovely cards.

I coloured the flowers lightly with blender pens (I used Crisp Cantaloup, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzaz) and added some gold bakers twine and some adhesive pearls to the centre of some of the flowers. The layer's edges are sponged with Soft Suede to soften the whole effect.

This was a pretty quick card... I had the idea in my head whilst I was out to dinner last night with a lovely friend, and so when I got home I sat straight down and made it before I headed bed. Designs just come to me like that sometimes... I often think of them at times you wouldn't expect :-)

Enjoy today's card.. don't forget I have quite a few upcoming classes.. so check out the right hand side bar of this blog to see if one would suit you!

Have fun xx


No comments: