Thursday 24 July 2014

Ornament Keepsakes for a traditional Christmas



Is it too early to get ready for Christmas?  Apparently not, according to my customers! Every month I run Stamp-A-Stacks (where we make 6 cards for $20) and usually in the first half of the year these are cards for random events - birthdays, Thank-yous, Sympathy etc etc But by the middle of the year, they are asking me when the Christmas Stamp-a-Stacks will begin.  So this year I started them this month (July 2014) and will continue to hold them every month until December. Which means that there will be 36 cards if people come along to all of them. I try to keep the cards relatively simple so that they can be easily duplicated at home should the sender wish to make more of them.

This month we did some non-traditional coloured cards, and this one, which is more traditional.  I used the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (and matching framelits) as these only have another month to run before they are discontinued. I know lots of folk out there have them, and so its great to be able to show another idea for using them. Of course if you don't have them yet you can always visit the ONLINE STORE and search the word "Ornament" and they will all come up for you.  Shopping in the Online Store is easy… all you need is your credit card, and the items will be shipped directly to your door!

I also used the "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set for the branch behind the ornament, and I embossed the Gold Foil paper for the strip across the bottom to make it look a little more vintagey :-)  The sentiment is from the "More Merry Messages" stamp set.

Here's the full card for you… enjoy!



No comments: