Tuesday 9 December 2014

White Christmas for cute and simple cards



The stamp set I am using today is called "White Christmas"... its a cute little set with a number of cute images that enable you to make a Christmas or Wintry scene.



One of my customers actually loaned this one to me as I don't own it myself, but I've been watching all the cool things online that other people have been creating with it... and now its my turn!  So you might see a few things with this set while I have the chance to use it :-)  Thank you Olivia for letting me use your lovely set!

Today's effort is a simple one. I stamped the main image of the trees twice.. first on our All is Calm DSP (which kind of reminds me of snow?) and then again on a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock. I cut along the curve of the ground and then layered them over each other so it looks as though the DSP is the sky background. I added a punched glimmer star, a bird from the same stamp set, and a deer.  All just stamped with black Memento ink. The deer I coloured with white ink applied with a blender pen, the bird is just coloured with a Cherry Cobbler marker.  Lastly I added the sentiment, also found in the White Christmas set. All up, this card took around 10 minutes to make.

Enjoy it today. We have a busy day ahead - my 12 year old has her Year 6 graduation (so finishing primary school), which includes a dinner out tonight. So I'd better get stuck into my day!

Happy Creating!

Linda x

No comments: