Monday 26 January 2015

Meanwhile in Australia.....



Today is an important day in the Australian Calendar.. its the day we celebrate "Australia Day".  And whilst I know its not really a day that people send cards to each other, I figure that any occasion is excuse enough to make a card right?

Over on my team forum we do lots of challenges to give each other inspiration.. this weekend I proposed a mini-challenge.  I asked the girls to create something that says "Australia" to them.  We've had some great entries - red, white and blue themed (like our flag) or green and gold (our sporting colours) have featured so far. But even though Im not eligible to win a prize (I run the challenge after all) I still like to take part and make something in the spirit of the challenge.

So the card here is my "entry".  Sunshine and the beach are two of my favourite things about Australia, and so I used those things to inspire me. The stencil template I used for the background is out of our "Hooray its your day" kit, and I sponged "Hello Honey" ink over the "Daffodil Delight" background. I used the chalkboard paper to stamp the sentiment on and backed that with a "Bermuda Bay" die from the "Starburst Sayings" framelits. The trim is the new "Bermuda Bay" sequin trim, and the twine is "Coastal Cabana" from our in-color range. This was a super quick card, but i love how it came together.


Here's the supplies used:

No comments: