Thursday 19 February 2015

Painted Blooms and Butterflies go together



I really adore all the Designer Series Paper options we have in our latest Occasions Catalogue.. The one i used to create the background on the above card is called "Painted Blooms".  I would like to congratulate the artist at Stampin'Up! who created this paper!  What a lovely set of papers! I just knew I needed to create a card with this paper in the background. The challenge then of course was to add other elements without covering up or losing any of the background. So that made vellum the obvious choice to add.. you still can see a little of the background through it, and so it doesn't really compete for attention!

The butterfly is stamped in white ink with the butterfly from the "Butterfly Basics" stamp set. Then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, and then cut it with the matching framelit die .  It really didn't need a lot of elements on the card... not when you have knock-out paper like that!

So enjoy today's offering... and if you'd like to see what else I've been up to, please visit my Facebook Business page by clicking HERE. (And don't forget to like it so that you can come back again!)

Here's a close up of the embossed elements on the card...


1 comment:

MezzoKat said...

I love your idea of using vellum on the Painted Blooms DSP! Lovely card.