Sunday 26 July 2015

An oldie but a goodie... the Swallowtail stamp and the Emboss resist technique



Even though its been in our catalogue for several runs now, I still love the Swallowtail butterfly stamp.  I've seen it used so many different ways, and it still floats my boat :-)  But one of my favourite ways to use it is embossed and then sponged over... so thats the emboss resist technique.

This time I wanted to try out a new colour combo of Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron and  Blackberry Bliss.  I used the taupe as the base cardstock, and then embossed my butterfly with white Embossing Powder.  I sponged the Mint in the centre of the butterfly, and then used the Blackberry on the outside of its' wings.

The washi Tape is from the current Incolor Washi selection, and I used a thin strip of Gold Glimmer paper to finish off the card.  The sentiment is from the set "Awesomely Artistic", but of course you can use any sentiment you choose. 

I hope you enjoy this simple card today! 

Linda x

Below are the supplies if you'd like to make it yourself... or click HERE to visit the store.  

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: