Thursday 6 August 2015

Vintage Leaves with the Ombre Technique



I recently acquired these Vintage Leaves stamps along with the Big Shot Framelits to cut them out (who wants to sit there and fussy cut around these leaves? Not me!), and today I had my first play with them.  I must have been thinking about them in my sleep because believe it or not I woke up this morning and had the idea for this card in my head. Of course, it didn't turn out exactly the same... but I must say I am really happy with the result!

This is one of the cards we will be featuring at next week's Ombre Techniques class. A few people have asked me what the heck is Ombre?  Well very simply it is the subtle gradation of colour from light to dark (or dark to light).... it is usually a background technique, but you can use it for stamping too, or adding colour to your focal points.

In the case of this card I used it for the background, and I've watercoloured the background with Tip Top Taupe ink.  As you can see the background is quite light at the top, and gets darker as you look down the card, until its quite dark at the bottom.  This creates quite a bit of drama and interest in the finish of your project. If I had not creates this ombre background, the leaves would still have looked pretty, but the card would have been less atmospheric.

I'd love to know what you think!

You can comment below... or pop over to my Facebook Business Page and comment on the card there.  While you are there, be sure to "like" my page so that you can see lots of different ideas and projects to inspire you! (I post to my Facebook Page more often than my blog)

I've listed the products used below... to purchase for yourself visit the Online Store.

Thanks for visiting!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: