Friday 1 January 2016

Going Global - was this stamp set was created just for me?





Many of you might know that I have been in a LDR (Long Distance Relationship) for nearly 6 years. What started as an online friendship many years ago, slowly but surely grew into something even more.  But the major hurdle has always been the amount of time we have had to spend apart.  He in North America, and me in Australia.  We have known though that we ultimately wanted to be together, and so we were engaged back in 2013, and we've managed to keep in touch via Skype calls, and the occasional visit to here or there.  Right now I am visiting his family in the States..... and everything is about to change as he prepares to emigrate to Australia.  We will be married in 2016 (cant wait for that Project Life project!).

So when I first saw the stamp set "Going Global" it immediately resonated with me, and I knew I had to have it! And there is a whole suite of co-ordinating products.... including the gorgeous pack of DSP you see featured on this card.  Lots of beautiful marbled designs!  The sentiment is from the Going Global stamp set and I embossed it in silver on a piece of black cardstock and punched it out with a circle punch.  I added a small amount of silver glimmer paper to add a bit of sparkle... really it is a very simple card, but that paper really has that "wow" factor!



A very Happy New Year to you all!

Linda x

3 comments:

Sibylleherbe said...

Beautiful card

Linda Geater said...

Happy New Year Linda, so happy for you and Paul to finally be together and start your "project life" together!! lol. Thrilled for you that 2016 will be your best year yet!!! xx

cathiedickens said...

Hey you. Great words and wonderful remarks well put. You deserve all you are prepared to put in to your life and the two of you will bridge that distance. Stay well, have a great trip and a fabulous life experience. Lots of love, Cath Dickens.