Monday 9 May 2016

Memory Keeping with Project Life by Stampin'Up - Design Team May Blog Share!



This month I was presented with a challenge as I attempted to Project Life my photographs from my trip to New Orleans at the beginning of this year.  Here's the thing about New Orleans.... its a super colourful city, full of life and action and adventure.  But while that makes it a fascinating place to visit and explore, it also makes it tricky to scrapbook.... the sheer amount of colour and light means that its hard choosing a colour scheme to match!

On top of this many of the photos were taken at night... another challenge.  To brighten up the darkness in many of the photos I added metallics, and went with gold as it matched the "over the top" nature of the place itself.

Our theme this month is "Retiring Kits".. so for my photos this time I chose the "This is the Life" card collection from Stampin'Up as this one features particularly bright colours.  Sometimes they seem to clash.... and yet for very bright photos like these ones, they worked particularly well.  I've added in some of the accessory pieces from the co-ordinating accessory set and of course some sparkle brought to you by glimmer paper and gold foil.

I'll let the photos tell the story....





Closer view of each page:




And I used some of the dark space in my night time photos to add gold letters which really helped them stand out!



Next Double layout:



Close up of each page:


This one really tested me with its crazy colours!  But the purples, blues and bright greens of the bicycles actually worked with the colours in the card kit, and came together really great!  Not colours I would normally use together.... but they seem to work here:



I added gold glimmer behind the letter cutouts in the Accessory pack:


Here is the accessory kit... and its still available if you want to grab it.


And this cute video show you all the cards in the kit:


I hope you enjoy my pages today. If you would like to see other papery creations I post please "like" my Facebook Business page!

Below you'll find the links to the other members of the Design Team. Make sure you check them out!

Tina Gillespie

Sandra Korten

Constanze Wirtz

Julie Kettlewell

Patty Bennett

Caroline Van Der Straaten

Delys Cram

Elizabeth Richards Peterson

Janet Wakeland











5 comments:

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Thanks for sharing your pages with us Linda.
Love your designs.
I've been to New Orleans many years ago.
It was fun seeing some familiar places :)

Deli said...

Love these layouts Linda, thankyou for showing that even tricky colourful photos need not be so challenging....especially with great products to play with xox thanks for inspiring!

love
Adele
xox

Anonymous said...

These are wonderfly Linda and love the gold lettering on the dark photos! So cool as per usual!

Sandra Korten said...

You did a great job lightening your photos with this wonderful kit! :) great pages!
I often find it a challenge to work with dark photo's but you gave me the inspiration to challenge myself again.

Conibaer said...

Great pages! I´m sure lots of memories came back when you stared working on them! :o)