Friday 16 September 2016

Copper is IN!



Did you know that Copper is IN right now in the paper craft world.. in fact not just in paper craft but you'll find it in homewares and design shops too! Which is just as well really when you consider just how much of it I used on this card.  Phew!

Today I am showing off a card that I made just for fun last night.... sometimes the urge to create just grabs me and I need to do it RIGHT NOW.  This happened last night... I came across a piece of copper foil on my craft desk and it kind of just grew from there.  I cut, I embossed, I added ribbon and washi and it just kind of came together without any particular kind of plan.  But it probably looks as though I had no plan too.... and thats ok! lol  I still liked how it turned out!

I LOVE the copper elements we have in our current catalogues... in particular I adore the copper foil paper... it feels quite sturdy to work with, and embosses beautifully (as you can see above in the copper circle).  I think the copper works well with lots of colours, but I especially love it with purply shades... Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugar Plum were used here. 

I also cut the leaves and the border strip from the foil, and used Copper Embossing powder for the sentiment.  All the items I have used are listed below, should you wish to source these items for yourself.  If you are in Australia you can order them through my Online Store and they are delivered to your door via Australia Post for a low postage charge. Or you can click on the item you wish to purchase below. Any questions, don't hesitate to CONTACT ME. 

Have a wonderful day! 

No comments: