Friday 23 September 2016

Using the Cable Knit Embossing Folder from Stampin'Up!



I'm playing with something new today! When my order arrived on my doorstep this morning I sat straight down to play with this awesome embossing folder.  It's actually called a "dynamic" folder, and when you get it, the first thing you will notice about it is that it is a LOT thicker than our other folders. It's dynamic because the result is so much deeper and gives you a true 3D look.  In fact, its so thick that you will need to remove one of the cutting plates when rolling it through your Big Shot.  So you can see it in action, I've included a video below from Stampin'Up that shows the best way to use it.

I also enhanced the 3d look to this folder by going over the finished paper with a sponge brayer in the same colour as the cardstock.. in this case the colour is Sweet Sugar Plum and I love the extra shadows you can create when you brayer over it.  For a simple but effective background you will find this new Cable Knit Embossing folder is simply awesome.

Here's the video:


No comments: