Friday 11 November 2016

Onstage Live with StampinUp - Quick Overview!




It is impossible to convey how wonderful and overwhelming the Onstage Event for StampinUp! was! What an amazing time we had!  I will do my best to share some of my favourite moments with you.... and if you are a demonstrator and you weren't there, I would be making absolutely sure that I don't miss the next one!  It is one of the best perks of being a demonstrator. We receive so much information at these events that it is impossible to walk away with nothing.  Not to mention the gifts we receive of course. But for me, the information is invaluable.... I always come away with a head buzzing full of ideas, and renewed inspiration and motivation..... and thats exactly what you want from a company event in my opinion.

To begin, Onstage is a demonstrator-only event, and SU holds them every 6 months. Because there are 3 main markets (North America, Europe and South Pacific) the main 3 day live events are rotated around between the markets. That means we get to host one here in Australia every 18 months. Last week was our turn to host in Brisbane, and so we headed up there last Thursday.  The other markets that don't have the 3 day event hold a one day event - not quite the same but still fantastic.  We got to find out that our next 1 day local event will be held in Sydney, Perth and Auckland... hoping I'll get to see lots of my girls in Sydney next April!

The main focus of these events is training, new product releases and recognition.  We got to see the new Occasions catalogue and Sale-a-Bration catalogues that will be released to customers on the 4th January.... but even better we got to play with the products and make some lovely projects.  My mind immediately goes into planning mode and I already have some fantastic class ideas that I will be scheduling for you in the new year with new products.  See all the little coloured flags on my new catalogue?  Yep.... thats just the first stuff that I HAVE to have.  The catalogue is going to be a hot item and I cant wait to show it to you!


Here are a few of the projects that we got to make.....



This is the Falling in Love suite with soft romantic colours.





This DSP is from our SAB offering and its coloured with our NEW WATERCOLOR PENCILS!  So excited about these..... cant wait to show you them! (And yes there will be a class!)



This is a card that Shelli demonstrated for us... and yes the background is also created with the Watercolour Pencils! Aren't they beautiful?  And that dragonfly is to die for! It's a whole bundle of dragonfly stamps and framelits!



And how cute are these Mini Egg Cartons!? These have been coloured and then the tag added.  Sara demonstrated for us how to get this awesome part-embossed look!


This is just a FRACTION of the projects that we either created or saw created... it really was a creative storm!


But then we also had lots of recognition opportunities, and I was completely surprised by the recognition I received. Some I already knew about of course, like my 400k sales milestone which I reached at the beginning of this year. 


Congratulations to Robyn and Claire as well..... such a lot of work is represented there. (Not that it feels like work a lot of the time)

I also was recognised for being with Stampin'Up! for 10 years, and for earning the Thailand Incentive trip in 2017.  

But there was also some unexpected rewards.  I was recognised for the Top 5 in Australia for recruiting (No. 4) and then i was recognised for Top 10 in Australia overall (No. 4 again)  For me this is the best bit because I know most of these top 10 ladies so well and I love them to pieces! It is such an honour to be named amongst them.  Congratulations to you all. 


On the final day they named the Global 100.  This is the top 100 demonstrators in the world. The rankings, like the top 10 in Australia, are based on how balanced your business is.... so sales, recruiting and leadership. To be honest, I wondered whether we would have any Australian Demonstrators in the top 100 at all, because our market is so small by comparison.  But we did it! 5 Australian girls were listed in the Top 100 and I was the 4th highest.  I may have just scraped in, but I tell you its still amazing to be listed in the Top 100.... after all, right now Stampin'Up! has approximately 46,000 demonstrators.  What an unexpected and amazing honour!  

(I'd also like to mention that there was 1 New Zealand demonstrator in the top 100... at NUMBER 7!!!! What an amazing effort by Jacqui Williams... it really does show that a small market size doesn't have to hold you back! I am in awe! )




For each of of the top performer awards I received a little box with a gorgeous card signed by Shelli and Sara.  And inside is a little charm. The charms are engraved with our initials on the back and they are designed to be used as a zipper pull on the jackets that we are receiving. I have ordered mine.... I chose the grey one, and am just having my country and year embroidered on it.  Cant wait until it arrives!




It would be a mistake to say that I achieved this on my own.  I've been with Stampin'Up! for over 10 years now and it has been the most amazing journey..... and I have not regretting my decision to join for a moment.  Sure, there's been a lot of hard work, late nights and long hours, but it has rewarded me in more ways than I can say. And beyond that it has put beautiful friends and colleagues in my path that I would not have met any other way.  Every one of you - my customers and team - have helped my business get to where it is today.  I am so grateful for every one of you, and look forward to serving you in the future. It is a pleasure and an honour! 

So with that in mind, here are a few happy snaps of some beautiful friends from the Onstage event....


Myself, my roomie Nerida and Kerry

 Yep.. we went for a ride on this awesome Ferris Wheel


 Nerida and Ness sharing a celebratory cocktail


 With the talented Constanze from Germany!

 With my team member Courtenay

 With Tamra Davis all the way from the US!

 With Shannon from the SU head office in the US.


With some of my lovely team members who shared this wonderful few days together. 

This is just a small snippet of photos from the past few days....... I wish I could show you more! 


I will return to "normal programming" in my next post. I have lots of new cards and projects to show you! Thanks for reading through and sharing my Onstage Experience! I hope even more of you can be there next time! 

No comments: