Monday 13 February 2017

A colour challenge with a twist....



So I was chatting with a group of demonstrators online last week. And as sometimes happens, we were talking about StampinUp colours.... which ones we liked and which ones we found challenging. Turns out we are all different and so colour choices varied wildly!   I mentioned that I find So Saffron difficult to use.... its not a favourite of mine.... and another demonstrator commented that she uses it ALL the time and was justifiably quite indignant at my reluctance to use it.  Her response was that it made her want to make me a card in all So Saffron!  Of course I dared her to do it..... and suddenly the challenge is ON.  So the twist for us is that we are using colours that are not necessarily easy to use.... well thats my take on it anyway... you may feel differently!

Of course it wouldn't be right for me not to respond in kind... so I asked what is her least used colour so I can make her a card with that colour!  The result is the card you see here today.... I've used mostly Flirty Flamingo to create this one.... that's the colour that she nominated as her "struggle colour".  I haven't used a huge amount of Flirty Flamingo myself, but was up for the challenge!



I used our Lace Doilies as a mask to create the sponged background, and then added another doily over the top, embossed in gold. I added a small strip of patterned paper from our Incolor Paper stacks (in Flirty Flamingo of course), and a sentiment from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set on the Whisper White strip... which I also embossed in gold.  For a little vintage appeal I added a strip of stamped lace with the Delicate Details stamp set along the base of the white strip.   I actually think that this card worked out pretty well... especially with a colour that I don't use often, but I think this design would work in nearly any colour!

I've included a Product List below should you live in Australia and wish to purchase any of these products for yourself.  I'll be off to the post office to pop this card in the post for Lyssa tomorrow... she lives in the US so it will be a while before it arrives, and I want to get it mailed ASAP.  I hope she likes it!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

No comments: