Wednesday 1 February 2017

Clever stamp sets make you feel clever too! Introducing the "High Tide" stamp set



Today I held my first Stamp-A-Stack class of the year and we had a great group of ladies as always.  Stamp-A-Stacks involve making 6 cards, but there are just 2 designs, so we make 3 of each.  I usually run these classes are the beginning of each month, and I offer both day and evening classes to cover different schedules.  The cost to attend these classes is $20. (You can read more about other upcoming classes above under the tab that says "Class and Event Schedule")

The card you see above was one of today's designs and it features a brand new set called "High Tide".  I have to tell you that I LOVE this set!  I first saw it demonstrated at our Onstage event in November last year, and liked it, but I need to tell you how much fun it is to actually USE.  It's a really clever set because everything fits together and gives you some great options. The "sand" underneath the lighthouse has a "hole" into which the lighthouse fits.  The water can be built up to create something that really does look like water.  The lighthouse itself is actually two stamps.... the main shape of the lighthouse (in this case the red ink) I stamped first and then lined up the second stamp in grey.... that provides both more detail at the top of the lighthouse, as well as shadow on the right hand side.... giving it both life and dimension.  I added birds on this one too, as well as a sentiment from the lovely "Suite Sentiments" stamp set to make this more of a Masculine birthday card.  You don't have to be an artist or even a clever stamper to use this set, but it sure makes you feel like you are! Because the set comes in Photopolymer, you can easily line up the images, making it even easier.

If you love this card, and would like to try it for yourself, I am repeating this class again next Tuesday evening (7th February) at 7.30pm.  Cost to attend is $20 and you'll make 6 cards as previously mentioned. This is one of the two designs.  I run my classes on the Central Coast, and if you would like to come along all you need to do is to email me and let me know... click HERE to book!

Here's a product list of what I used:

Product List


No comments: