Wednesday 1 March 2017

Birthday Bright Project Kit - Alternate ideas to create at home!



It's no secret that I love our project kits!  StampinUp has some truly gorgeous kits that are all inclusive.... so this makes them awesome for gifts and also for when you are looking for quick and easy projects to create without the fuss.

Today I ran a kit class here in the home studio.... the Birthday Bright kit.  The kit comes with all the pre-cut supplies to make the projects (3 different cards and 3 different tags.... FOUR of each!)... you just need the stamps to stamp on them.  Full instructions are also provided.  But sometimes when I read the instructions I get all rebellious. For example, on the first card (a candle shaker card) it said to remove the cake die cut shape from the backing paper, and discard it.  What??!!  Really... why would I discard something so lovely that I could use again on another project? So thats exactly what I did... I added the stripey die cut cake to a black background... (the one you see in the pic above).  I also added some Watermelon Wonder cardstock for my card base and my silver glimmer words from the kit. I think it turned out pretty nice for something they told me to discard.

The other card was actually one of the tags... that I turned into a card as well.  I simply thought I'd get more use out of it as a card.  Both these ideas are very simple, but they show how versatile the kit can be, plus give you more options, stretching the kit that much further. And we all love that right??

Here's a pic of the kit itself:


If you would like to order this or any other items don't forget to visit the ONLINE STORE.  Right now, for every $90 you spend in one order you receive a free SAB item and there are some lovely things to choose from.

I hope I've given you some ideas today! Check back often as I pop up more projects and ideas... or visit my FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE and hit the "like" button to stay in touch and see whats next!

No comments: