Sunday 16 July 2017

My South Pacific Thailand Swaps




There are so many things I love about Incentive Trips..... they are beyond amazing!  Each year StampinUp hosts a fabulous all-expenses-paid trip for 2 people, and its available to anyone that earns it.  I have just spent a fabulous week in Thailand with SU and over 300 of my fellow demonstrators (and their guests) from all around the world.  The experiences you have on these trips is simply out of this world.... and as always my mind has again been blown on this year's trip.  The location, the excursions, the food, the new products, the pillow gifts and just plain good old spoiling are all totally amazing.  But my very favourite thing about the trips is the cameraderie between demonstrators (and also staff members) and getting to meet both new people that I've not met before, and getting to catch up with friends that I don't get to see very often.  The trips really have become a great big reunion every year!

And here is another part of the trips that I love.... SWAPS!  I love swaps because they provide a chance to get your creative side showing PLUS a chance to get to know other demonstrators just that little bit better too.  This year we again held a South Pacific swap (just for the Australian and NZ demonstrators who wished to participate) and I felt so honoured to be part of this very talented and creative group.  

The brief this time was to create a 3"x4" Memories and More card for pocket scrapbooking.  The theme was fairly open... just "perfect days holidaying in Thailand", and to use any of the following colours... Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky (these are colours from our "Perfect Days" Memories and More card kit).  The only other guideline was that the card should include texture.  We had to make 20 of these (18 for each other, and 1each for the Australian and New Zealand offices. 


So now that they are handed out, you get to see my swap cards.  I used Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist in the background, and the Trellis design is made with the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder and texture paste.  I also used one of the elephants from the "Tabs for Everything" stamp set and embossed it 3 times with white embossing powder across a strip of Basic Black cardstock.  The gold flower is gold foil cut with my Big Shot machine and the Flourish thinlits. I addd just a small strip of Fabulous Foil designer acetate to complete the card.   I think they will look great on my pocket pages when I start scrapbooking my trip in the coming weeks. 

Truth is, these were a lot of fun to make!  And I really enjoyed getting together with my fellow demonstrators at a pre-arranged time and participating in the swap.  Im already looking forward to the next one!  I hope you enjoy my little swap cards too. 

Linda x





No comments: